What Is Cleveland’s Opinion on the Best Halloween Movies?

Halloween is creeping up on us and people are enjoying the fall festivities including visiting haunted houses, carving pumpkins, going to harvest festivals, and watching Halloween movies. Students at Cleveland High School are debating which is the best Halloween movie. 

After getting multiple movie suggestions from students, the most liked movies came down to The Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloween Town, and Hocus Pocus. A poll consisting of these movies went around the students, and the results came back with The Nightmare Before Christmas has 212 votes and is most liked by staff and students. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a movie that was released on October 13, 1993. It is about a skeleton named Jack Skellington, who is the king of Halloweentown. Jack gets lost and wanders into Christmastown where everything is the total opposite of Halloweentown. Jack eventually gets into the Christmas spirit and finds his true love. 

Halloween Town ended up being the second most liked by people around CvHS. Halloween Town is a movie that was released on October 17, 1998, on Disney Channel. It is about a young girl who realizes that she comes from a long line of witches, and she learns about a town where supernatural beings can live a normal life called Halloween Town. This movie has become a childhood favorite for a lot of people, and 99 people from the student body voted for it. 

In conclusion, Hocus Pocus had the least amount of votes, ending with 71 votes. This movie was released on July 16, 1993. Hocus Pocus is about a teenager named Max, who is new in town and explores an abandoned house on Halloween. He accidentally brings evil witches back to life, and he needs to turn them back to stone. The witches have a great sense of humor and do some crazy things to spook Max and his friends. 

What is your favorite Halloween movie?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...