Lady Rams Sign with Colleges

Two of our Lady Rams signed to play and continue their softball journey. With the dedication and support from others, AnnaKate Gilchrist and Kayla Womack are going to be able to continue their journeys.

Gilchrist says, “I am very excited and nervous to play in college! I am looking forward to play collegiate. My goals are to be a leader by my actions even as coming in as freshman at Barton College. I want to strive to stay ahead in count when I pitch and always stay positive for myself and team mates.”

Cleveland’s Anna Kate Gilchrist signed with Barton College. Photo by Sam Fernandez

Student athletes spend many hours working hard to get to the point where these two have gotten to play collegiate softball. Along, with working hard for the team they have to maintain and stay involved in their schools.

Kayla Womack, a leader for Cleveland Softball, is signed to play shortstop at Virginia Wesleyan. Womack says, “I choose Virginia Wesleyan because when I first visited campus, it felt like home. The campus is the perfect size for me, and it’s small niche community is exactly what I wanted. The coaching staff and softball players are so welcoming, and the school is next to the beach so there’s always something to do.”

Cleveland’s Kayla Womack signed with Virginia Wesleyan Softball. Photo by Sam Fernandez

Cleveland High is ecstatic to see what the future holds for these two. With the dedication they both have, they are going to make Cleveland Proud.