Cleveland Ram

Lady Rams Defeat Lady Comets on Big Second Half

On April 27, The Lady Rams Varsity Soccer Team faced previous conference champs, The Lady Comets, at their home field. Prior to this, The Lady Rams just had a recent 4-0 win against The Clayton Varsity Girls soccer team, so coming into this game, the Rams were very aware that not only were the Clayton girls going to be ready, but that they also had home-field advantage.

At the start of the whistle, both The Lady Rams and The Lady Comets were battling. Each team matched the intensity that the other was giving. Around the 24th minute of the first half, sophomore Brenna Booth, number 10, had an amazing save in the goal while backing The Lady Rams freshman goalie, Piper Hill. Both teams had great opportunities to put the ball in the net but were unable to finish, which left the ending of the first half 0-0. 

At the start of the second half, The Cleveland Girls Varsity soccer team continued their strong momentum that they fired up in the first half and scored 4 goals in 9 minutes.

The first and second goals were executed by senior Megan Bell, number 8, which was assisted by Yaneli Sanchez and Jada Sanders. Continuing on this streak, sophomore Jada Sanders, number 1, was able to get another goal for The Lady Rams, assisted by freshman Grace Keighley, number 6. Scoring the next two consecutive goals was sophomore Yaneli Sanchez, number 7, with the assist by Grace Keighley and off an amazing set piece that was provided by sophomore Jamie Adams, number 9. With The Lady Rams in the lead sophomore Laylah Gunter, number 24, managed to put the ball in the back of the net for The Cleveland Girls Varsity soccer team’s last scoring goal, which was assisted by Yaneli Sanchez with an amazing provided through ball.

With this dominating win, The Lady Rams now have a 10-0 record and are currently first in the conference. On Monday of April, 26 The Rams will travel to West Johnston to battle it out against the Wildcats.